Enrollment Services

Enrollment Services
Office hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Enrollment hours are 8:00 am - 3:00 pm

Note to parents: It is the parents responsibility to provide our school with original documents as needed. The school will request full records from previous school/district once student is enrolled.

However, records can take up to 2-4 weeks to arrive, so please have the required documents at the time of enrollment to avoid enrollment delays.

Locate the elementary or the middle school for your specific street address by going to our School Locator

What do I need to enroll my child? (All pages must be printed and completed)

  1. Completed registration packet
  2. Photo ID of legal guardian
  3. Proof of residency
  4. Proof of Birth/Verification of Age -Certified birth certificate, baptismal certificate, hospital certificate, notarized statement of birth or a passport
  5. Immunization Record -

Parents must show their child's Immunization Record as proof of immunization. These immunization requirements also apply to students entering transitional kindergarten.

New immunization requirements for 2016 - Under a new law known as SB 277, beginning January 1, 2016 exemptions based on personal beliefs, including religious beliefs, will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into child care or school in California. Most families will not be affected by the new law because their children have received all required vaccinations. Personal beliefs exemptions on file for a child already attending child care or school will remain valid until the child reaches the next immunization checkpoint at kindergarten (including transitional kindergarten) or 7th grade.

  1. The Report of Health Examination for entry to kindergarten and first grade must be signed and dated by the doctor performing the physical. The physical exam may be done up to a maximum of six months prior to entry into kindergarten.
  2. Proof of Dental Assessment for first time enrollees to school (TK, K or 1st grade.
  3. Verification of grade- For students in grades 1 - 5 the most current report card, progress report, withdrawal paperwork or promotion certificate.
  4. Special Education Students– copy of the most recent IEP
  5. GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) Students – prior test scores and/or certification forms.

At certain times, district schools may reach maximum enrollment capacity. When that occurs, students may be overflowed to another school in the Adelanto Elementary School District where classroom space exists.

Transfer Requests IN:
  1. When a student zoned to another district wants to attend an AESD school, his/her parent/guardian must request an Interdistrict Attendance Permit from the HOME DISTRICT. The “Home District” is considered the district the student is zoned to according to residence address/location.
  2. Please be prepared to submit grades, attendance and discipline for grades 1-8.
  3. Upon approval from AESD your child will be enrolled into the desired school.

Transfer Requests OUT:
  1. When a student is zoned for AESD and wishes to attend a school in another district, his/her parent/guardian must request an Interdistrict Attendance Permit from the Adelanto Elementary School District Central Enrollment Office.
  2. Please fill out the form completely and attach any supporting documents pertaining to the reason given.
  3. Turn-around time may take up to 30 days.
Age Requirement for KINDERGARTEN:
Must turn 5 before September 1

5th birthday must fall between: Sept. 2 - Dec. 2

What is Transitional Kindergarten?

Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. With the increasingly academic demands of kindergarten, transitional kindergarten is designed to support students who turn five years old after the starting date of the adjusted kindergarten admission age.

The Benefits of Transitional Kindergarten

Transitional Kindergarten gives children the opportunity to access the California Common Core Standards for kindergarten in a classroom that implements small groups and “hands on” learning to provide a language rich experience. Transitional Kindergarten prepares students for the social and academic expectations of traditional kindergarten the following year through: Reading
  • Concepts of print
  • Oral language production.
  • Phonological awareness with emphasis on sound awareness, association of sounds with symbols and the manipulation of sounds.
  • Vocabulary development.
  • Listening comprehension.
  • Concepts of number (count, recognize, name, compare and order a number of objects).
  • Numeric representation.
  • Concepts of addition and subtraction.
  • Sort and classify objects based on attribute including common geometric shapes.

What does Transitional Kindergarten look like?

Transitional Kindergarten follows the same schedule as traditional kindergarten program. Transitional kindergarteners enjoy lunch and recess with their traditional kindergarten friends and participate in all kindergarten activities and assemblies. The daily schedule includes lessons and activities through whole group instruction, small group instruction, and independent “hands on” opportunities.
*transitional kindergarten is designed to support students who turn five years old after the starting date of the adjusted kindergarten admission age

One of the following documents is required for proof of residency (No PO Boxes or Driver's License are acceptable forms for residency)

  • A rental agreement or rent payment receipt
  • Mortgage documents
  • Property tax payment receipts
  • A recent utility bill (gas, electric, phone, water, or cable)
  • Government issued mail

If you are living with another family within district boundaries, you must provide one of the documents listed above and photo ID from the homeowner you currently reside with and within 30 days of enrollment student’s family must provide proof of residency(Note: This is subject to verification by a home visit or other means.)
See Proof of Residency Documents || Ver Prueba de documentos de residencia

If the student is living with another family within district boundaries, you must complete a Caregiver affidavit before enrollment can be completed.(Note: This is subject to verification by a home visit or other means.)

Enrollment PacketViewVer
Inter-District Transfer PermitViewVer
Resident VerificationView Ver
Caregiver AffidavitViewVer